Sunday 3 June 2012

That's a Wrap





Chipped nails have become my forte, not through choice, but through sheer negligence .I always aim to make myself finger fabulous but who has the time to polish their nails every night? Whilst strolling though Boots, Nail Rock nail wraps captured my eye with the tag line: ‘lasts up to 10 days’. Perfect.


I scurried home and began my nails transformation by using a nail polish remover to ensure the wraps last to their full extent. The next task at hand was preparing my nails with the buffer provided. This reminded me of the pre- acrylic nails buffing process (without the fear of an over excited beautician eroding my whole nail).In the packaging there is an acetone wipe, which again, ensures the wraps last as long as possible. Be warned; this smell is not for weak nostrils. I did this outside as I feared I might be spaced out by the time I got round to actually applying the wraps.


The wrap itself is simply a sticker. I placed the square shaped edge against my cuticles and stretched it across my whole nail. The wrap was twice as long as my nails, and silly me thought I would leave all the stickers until all 10 were in their polka dot outfits and neaten them up at the end.


Bad idea.


When I had reached my second hand, my finger tips were gluing themselves together and I found myself in a miniature war for finger freedom. When I had broken free, I grabbed the nail buffer provided and buffed the excess wrap from my nail. I expected an arm work out but this was really easy to do. This took no longer than one minute for each nail. I struggled at first to ensure the edge of my nail was smooth but after the first nail I felt like a pro and I blasted my way through the rest.


There is a thin, wooden stick included, resembling an overweight cocktail stick, which can be used for removing air bubbles. I decided this would be too fiddly, especially as there was only one air bubble in sight. I merely pressed my finger tip on the wrap and glided it over the surface to flatten it out.


I have been sporting these wraps for 10 days in counting and they are still on. They aren’t quite as neat as they were on day 1 granted, but they still look good in my opinion. They have begun to flake off at the edges, like a nail polish would but other than that I can’t find any complaints. These wraps have lasted twice as long as any nail polish and they have artistic designs which couldn't be achieved through many other means. 

No comments:

Post a Comment