Saturday 30 June 2012

Fresh Faced Summer Make Up

Hello Cookies, 
Urban Decay Pocket Rocket


Urban Decay - "FreeLove" Eyeshadow



YSL Touche Eclat - "1 Luminous Radiance"


Eylure 020 Naturalites 

The finished look :)


Urban Decays pocket rocket lip gloss caught my eye and I'm sure you can guess why. Not only is the colour a shimmering shade of pink, it has a hologram of a half dressed male on the lid. Fabulous. If you move the lip gloss slightly, the toned model is suddenly back in his clothes so no old ladies need to be shocked when your re-applying your lip gloss on the bus home. The colour suited my pale skin and had exceptional lasting power. Normally lip gloss lasts a maximum of an hour - and that's if you stay away from all forms of food, drink and kisses! No fun at all. This lip gloss however, lasted me a couple hours; a brilliant choice for after work pub crawls. 


I teamed the gloss with some coral eye shadow by the same brand. The shade worked well with my copper orange hair and really allowed my completion to glow. The eye shadow had shimmering particles which laced my eye lids in a summery fashion. This colour would look lovely at a summer festival and works well as a day and night look.


YSL touche Eclet is tremendus for brightening eyes. It's more expensive than most brands you'll find in your local Boots but it gives eyes a wonderfully dewy look as well as covering minor flaws. If you lace it on the bridge of your nose it makes it appear slimmer as well as giving your face a subtle shimmer. This is defiantly an investment piece.  


To enhance my eyes further, I used fake eye lashes. I have very short eye lashes naturally so I tend to wear false eye lashes every day and (as far as I'm aware) no one seems to have noticed. Eylure is my favourite brand for eye lash products - the glue is brilliant for sensitive eyes and is very long latest. It is a rare occasion when I have to reapply glue to my lashes. The length and thickness is natural; it allows eyelids to flutter without being weighed down by chinchilla lids! Add a layer of mascara to ensure they look natural and if you feel they don't look convincingly real, lace then with a slick of liquid eye liner to ensure no traces of fakery can be spotted. 



No comments:

Post a Comment