Sunday 3 June 2012

Pale Princess






If you have pale skin like me I’m sure you’ll agree that finding a matching foundation can be a mission; I have yet to find many that don’t colour my face orange or give me a ghostly glow. In the past, I have tried everything. I even had a period where I decided to embrace my pasty ‘radiance’ by drenching my face in pure white Stargazer foundation. Then I saw the light. Literally. I went to a night club where the staircase was surrounded in UV lighting. The neon lights made anything white absolutely luminous. This gave most clubbers a quick giggle at their glowing pearly whites or their white bra strap gleaming in the light. Not me. My whole face blazed a horrific shade of neon purple. To make matters worse, my freckles didn’t glow. I looked like a spotty clown that needed a good wash. Not a good look. I chucked the foundation away the following day and sprinted to my closest tanning aisle.

Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not ashamed of my ashen skin, I just struggle to create an ‘ice maiden’ sheen without actually resembling a snowman. One problem I have faced with pale foundations in the past is that they don’t tend to give good coverage as there is not much colour in them. My latest trial was Clinique rednesssolutions foundation in Alabaster 01. I was excited to test this product as it claims to camouflage redness and I have to say, it hasn’t failed me. The beige colouring gives my skin a brighter and even complexion. I do have to be careful with the amount I grace my skin with as I have been spotted with some darker lines around my face. I toned this down with Maxfactor facefinity foundation inporcelain 01. This gave my face a smoother finish and removed shine and blended the edges of my face into my hair line and neck. These two products make a brilliant double act and give my face a fabulous finish.

As I mentioned above, I’m quite fond of the night scene but such a hobby doesn’t come without its consequences. Eye baggage. A neon light isn’t necessary to make these noticeable. Keeping my pale palette in mind, I purchased the ultimate pale princess Nicola Roberts Dainty Doll concealer pen in 003. I found this pen quite watery and the pale colour didn’t give decent coverage until I had applied a couple layers. This pen did however leave my skin exceptionally smooth and blended in very well. If you don’t have dark circles under your eyes and just want to add some luminosity to your eyes then this product is for you.

To give my skin texture a natural sheen, I used Dainty Doll Wonderbalm in 001 Working Girl. This oily balm contains natural ingredients such as beeswax and mango seed oil to ensure no nasty breakouts. The product has a sweet smell to it which isn’t overly girlie so be warned; your boyfriend might be on the grabs! 


No comments:

Post a Comment